Thursday, October 6, 2011

WWII is Done

As a child in Germany, I grew up with a stigma attached of being a "Jew Killer" by the other NATO kids.  Did not matter that I am Hebrew by birth, through my mother's, mother's, mother's mother - as far as I can go in the records to see the Jewish line.  I was circumcised on the 8th day by a Rabbi whom had to be flown in for the ceremony.  And, promptly raised to be an atheist.....

By seventh grade we had to know the history of the War and the role our forefather's played.  It helped little that my father was a Nazi scientist and though Hebrew (he had been a practicing Jew) supported the German cause.  In seventh grade we had to tour Dachau, one of the minor concentration camps - but the site of some of the worse atrocities of the war towards Jews.  Every picture was required viewing.  I got in trouble for climbing in one of the ovens to see if there were in any bones.....  Hey, I was a 13 year old boy!

So there are some topics I feel very strongly over and unfortunately those topics define the first twenty years of my father's life.

Although I almost called 911 myself, certain I was going to have a heart attack before I could finish father's early years, I managed to.  And I feel free of his past, his life and his death at last.  Journaling has been good for me and I hope that by saving some of the events and photos on Blogger, this will provide a chance for others to see and think on what happened during those years.

Although, you will not find them, there have been a ton of short lived comments, predominately from historical revisionists - wishing to correct me on camp deaths, etc.  Too bad for them I have pictures and finally posted some - against my better judgement. 

And, I am fascinated by the Russian presence on the blog, what on earth are they looking for or finding?  Or like me, is there angst they too must work through?

2 comments:

Granny Lee said...

God bless you in your endeavors to tell not only your father's story, but the truth of the history of his time.

KJP said...

yeah the further we move away from the era of the war, the more people whom can not grasp the evil of the era - are forced to find alternative ways of dealing with what happened.

i really do hope that, although my writings may be second-hand, people with intact minds can read and see and come to understand an era when manking went insane.