Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Not A Fun Time

Yesterday I had, what should have been, the pleasure of having lunch with my Oldest Daughter's family - at Red Robin (yummmmmm! to quote the commerical.).

But, grandson is now into his terrible two's, grand-daughter is trying to convince us that there are terrible four's and OD was simply exhausted.  Son-in-law was chatty but exhausted as well.  So, sort of a sullen luncheon.

I have gone twice this month to RR, I really like their Oktoberfest Burger - which is surprising as I really do not like burgers.  Maybe if I am really sick and my taste buds are dead I will choke down a burger, but they are not on my 'this is real food list'.  I would rather use the hamburger and make a simple stroganoff or marinara sauce!

Unfortunately, RR slathered so much whole mustard onto the burger this time that I managed to choke and son-in-law almost had to do CPR!  My throat simply shut down and that was it - no more food was going to be swallowed!  Okay, breathing was a little difficult as well at that point!

Guess my diet needed to continue?  Thinking of which, I may  finally be past the shellfish poisoning!  Praise the Lord!  That was a horrible 5 weeks!  Arms and legs are still numb though, so I am hoping this will not be permanent.  (I will ignore that brain damage comment someone out there had...)  :^)

On the other hand, I made a killer meal - a new entree experiment and a new dessert.  The entree was a Greek style chicken in an olive and plum sauce - smelled bizarre but was quite good.  And a plum upside down cake, which was okay but I would have preferred a lighter cake than what it made.  I will post them, my first new successes, over on the recipe site later this week.  I haven't posted there in months I have been so busy and not trying anything new!  For shame!

No comments: