Monday, October 17, 2011

Friendship

It is so nice to have Kelly back posting!  Missed ya!

One of her new posts was really interesting and gave me thought over the weekend, the topic of Friendship.

I have some great friends and am really blessed to have them, unfortunately I never get to see them but a few times a year anymore.  Dutchman travels so much that even his family misses him, so I fall somewhere behind them in getting to hear from or see him.  Swede is actually around the area quite a bit, but absolutely no idea what he is up to, other than very busy.  What are these retired guys up to?!?!?!?!  Both are almost life long friends and though it may be months between visits, it is like old times every time we can get together.  Gaelic Girl I really do wish I could see more of, but alas that is not going to happen unless I want to go to Texas, which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Then I started thinking of my internet friends.  Jim, Bree, Robin, Kelly, Lee and 'she of a name I can not even pronounce' - all have been great at offering advice and helping me through life with prayer - and/or have been a part of my prayer life for years.  I count them as friends - even though we have never met.  In fact, outside of GG, I have only met one of my readers.   I am not real sure that friendship requires personal interaction.  It is nice but if you know someone does pray regularly for you and has your best interests at heart - isn't that the idea behind friendship and family?  Or maybe my cloistered life has just warped that perspective with me.....

But, no matter how life works out, whether or not I meet those I count as friends here, I know I will get to meet them one day - and I really do look forward to that time and hopefully there will be long chat sessions in Heaven.

No comments: