Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Truth Is Out There

Every family probably has one.  You know, the black sheep, the non-conformist, the one whom does things just for shock value.  For my family, I was tagged as 'it', though I would probably pick one of my cousins for the honor - but that is what happens when you are of an artist bent and the entire family is scientist types.  But, in my life, I have one of 'my boys', Josef, whom is an outright anarchist.  Yeah, we sort of need a color darker than black to describe that sheep!  And I have been trying to witness to the guy for at least 35 years!

One of our greatest FIGHTS is that truth is not relative to him or me, it is a standard not subjective to the whims of his intoxications.  Of course he disagrees because, well, he would be wrong and that is not acceptable!  For him, TRUTH is a FREE FOR ALL!

But, truth is not a free for all.....  John 8:31-32

Truth exists.
In the world, truth is relative and there are no absolutes.
And yet here we told that by holding to the Word, we will find and know truth!

Truth is revealed.
It is not what we desire.
We can not create truth.
We are told that creation reveals truth!


Truth is knowable.
God is truth - 1 John 5, but threaded through 1 John.  Light = Truth.

Truth is eternal.
You can the messenger but truth can not be killed.
If you choose not to believe the truth, that does not make it untrue!

Truth is Jesus.
It is not principles.
It is not habits.
It is not rules.

The Truth is out there, it is as close as your Bible, it is as far away as your belief.

*****

Josef, popped up back in my life yesterday when he called me for an one hour conversation concerning life, the universe and everything else.  I was blown away, well, I doubt we converse that much in a year - if we even see each other in person!  Mostly it is just quick emails on what is new, or some new test to see if he can shock me more!  But, he has a good heart and I know, he knows, one day he will come over into the light.  If he lives long enough.....

No comments: