Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Resignation

i was stunned today to open my email and find that one of the four members of my non-profit team decided to resign. I am still so surprised that I do not even have a response for him.  Of course, I sent him a reply and asked if we could talk and hopefully resolve whatever the issue(s) are.....

In 30 years of project management I have had to fire employees twice, even lay some off when the economy hick-upped so bad back in 1981 - but I have never had someone quit before!  I am a pretty upbeat kind of guy and love to resolve issues long before someone resigns.  It comes to mind to quote my son here but I am not prone to swearing, but it sure came to mind though!

Now, there are three and honestly, I am not sure we can deliver on what we were tasked to do in the seven weeks left to us.  This might even deep-six the entire project.....

Sigh.

No comments: