Thursday, October 20, 2011

Project Management

For the past 30 years I have been a project manager and though not in title am happy to be back at it with the Ignite project.  I get to work on doing a project work breakdown structure for the project team tomorrow morning!  Might sound like eating cardboard to you but I am excited to be doing something I know how to do again!

Iginite is a 501-0C non-profit company which specializes in getting young women to consider going into scientific or technical fields.  Which I am a very strong proponent of.  Well, actually, the same encouragement needs to go to young men as well - get off your gaming machines and think about a real job.....!

Anyway, I am just excited about even doing free pseudo-work for a change, for a good cause, for at least a few months.  Personally, if I had a retirement worth anything I would go to work for them full time - they desperately are in need of some like me whom can champion their program.  The founder is a great lady with a real love for youth - so she has my admiration - and she is in need of a champion.  Who knows what the future holds......

No comments: