Saturday, October 1, 2011

Musical Saturday Morning

Okay, for all of you politically incorrect types, here is one for you!

I get so tired of American political correctness!  It makes me want to barf.  And honestly, were it not that my brother-in-law would be highly offended by this video, I would not even comment - except that I do care about him and his skewed opinions.

There was a time in American cinema when a black man would never have appeared on film, it just was not done.  Even in theater, black actors were actually whites in makeup.  Don't ask me - I'm Swiss and never grew up with prejudices except toward gypsies - and even then it was only to make my parents happy.  They were about a bigoted as one could get on several subjects.

So, with that said, here is the ORIGINAL version of Putting on the Ritz by Taco.  And John, it is okay to at least mentally accept that black-face was the way cinema was done in reality.....

No comments: