Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Throwing Stones

So, to continue the story:

Runaway Bride has been at my church several times.  With me on my visits over here in 2010, before she suddenly left for Ohio, and for the past two weeks.  Just her presence has created quite a scandal!  And how people love to talk!

Of course, GOSSIP is wrong in the first place and thoroughly condemned by Paul!  And thinking on it, most of the problems I have found in ALL churches I have attended is the problem of gossip and the other is tolerating open sin in the Body.  But, these we will ignore at this time.....

Since I am not a part of the "In Crowd", I am not privy to most of what goes on.  Certainly, I have been aware of RB's discomfort at Church, which I wrote off as being her discomfort with her own situation.  But, I could be wrong.

It seems that there has been quite an uproar at her reappearance, and with me!, by those whom are ignorant of almost any knowledge.  And the pastor opened up Sunday morning with a shotgun blast into the congregation, then moved on to smack those still left standing!  Wow.

From John 8:1-11, has now spurred the hanging of a sign which reads: "This Is A No Rock Throwing Zone / Policy Strictly Enforced!".  And as for the shotgun blast:

1.  Treat All People As Persons, Not Pawns!
Pawns are viewed as being expendable and of little value.  People are important enough that Jesus chose to die for them.  You are a Person, just like those seated next to you!

This woman, caught in adultery and brought before Jesus, was being used as nothing more than a pawn to get to Jesus.  Those gathered had already broken the Law by not bringing forward the man whom had been with this woman.  She was just a pawn in their game.

We must treat people the way God does, as Persons.

2.  Put Down Your Stones!
We do not have to be the ones throwing stones!  We can choose not to, especially in light of others whom are more than willing to throw them at us!  Even if others are gathering stones, we DO NOT have to.....!

*****

Oh yeah, RB fled! and I have not seen her since 10 am Sunday morning.  She knew the sermon was a whack at those gossiping about her - but she also knew that the passage was about her as well.

So, been trying to find where she is now hiding, in hopes of continuing to be able to reach out to her.....

No comments: