Monday, August 8, 2011

Taking Sides In A Soap Opera

I have probably never been so disappointed in another human being than I am right now feeling towards Timothy.  I have learned a great deal from the Runaway Bride about what all went on, which has brought her to where she is today.  And it seems Timothy bears more than just a bit of blame.

I still am not sure as to why RB is here, other than she is an emotional and mental mess.  What I can say for her new husband is that he is almost a spitting image of husband number one, whom is now also a friend of hers on FaceBook - my kids tell me.  Don't worry, it gets more confusing as we go along!

Now, Timothy back in 2009 had been living with RB and her first husband for some period of time.  Probably not a great idea, since they were still newlyweds and needed some space in which to define themselves as a couple.  He told me he was in Oregon back then.....  So weirdness number 1 (he lied to me, why?).  At some point in early 2010 he crossed swords with the husband and had to leave or was thrown out - weirdness number 2, as I can get no definition as to what went on.

This now brings us to my first knowledge of this - when she called me and told me what was up in 2010 and asked what to do.  She had planned a trip with her mother to Israel so I told her to see if a little separation could help the two of them get their lives back in order (that would be the month apart I am thinking!).  Timothy now gets her father, goes back and moves her out of the apartment, apparently with no one telling husband this was coming.  So he was a bit blindsided.  But, my father died and I was then in Colorado and very busy so could not catchup with what was going on.  She came to Wenatchee, after Israel, as coincidentally did Timothy, and I was still in Colorado dealing with father's financial disaster!

So in steps Timothy, whom now convinces her to divorce her husband, then funds her divorce in May, picks her up at my home in Wenatchee and takes her to Ohio to deliver her to internet love interest.  You might remember my outrage back then!  Then Timothy moves to Indiana and I knew we had a problem - I just did not know how large of one!

So, it seems that Timothy, somehow in his mind. decided he was the perfect one for RB and quietly seems to have orchestrated this entire SOAP OPERA in order to have RB (whom is young enough to be his daughter) for himself!  And in March was given the heave-ho by RB because she figured this all out!  Yeah, no one likes being used.  So, she married internet love interest (probably to permanently keep Timothy away) and now I think is regretting it.  DUH!

Now how to get her to understand that God takes marriage very seriously and she really needs to get her spiritual house in order - while at the same time not alienating her.....?

Timothy's Sin has beget Sin now in RB's life, and I must believe in first husband's life as well.  I greatly fear for Timothy as God takes a mighty dim view of what he has done.  For what I know of Timothy, God will have to plan a smack down in order to get Timothy's attention.  I guess that will be the point at which a teaching moment will occur and I will have to be prepared.

Scripturally, Timothy is toast - guilty not only of his own adultery - but RB's and her ex-husband's!, RB is toast because she knows her Bible and is in adultery, and first husband is now free to marry since his runaway bride has now remarried.  For him I pray the best, he is still a young Christian still attending church and still in a relationship with RB's family.  Probably just glad he found out what his wife was like early in their marriage.....  (Okay, so I can relate with him because I had a runaway bride in my life as well!)

But my goal in all of this is to get that young lady to get her head on straight!  And maybe not like the situation she is in but understand that for better or worse she is going to have to live with less than she had before.

Oh, but dear reader, the saga is far from over as now my church has found itself drawn into this controversy - as I will tell you about next time.....

No comments: