Wednesday, August 3, 2011

First Dates

I know I  have mentioned in the past first dates I have observed, especially the train wrecks I can observe in progress!

So, I am at an Italian restaurant and absentmindedly was at first listening to the conversations around me.

At interesting Table 1, was a conversation about Europe and travels there.  Sort of interesting.  But, then I grew up there and been there, done that!   But, still it is interesting to hear other's opinions......

Table 2, was the most fascinating.  Obviously, they met online and were completely incompatible!  I have to admit it was better than watching a TV soap - since after all it is real life!

Back to T1, a discussion over German mentality versus French.  I think their information was based on Rick Steve's - uhm, ideas.

Over at T2, train wreck almost instantly - she is now talking about her father's pickup truck.  Think color, options, 4x4, upholstery, etc.

T1 has now decided they like the French better since Germans are stand-offish!  But, they stumble on the question of Spain versus Italy.  Of course, Italian waitress comes over to help them understand that the Italians are the most friendly of all Europeans nations.

T2 the guy is desperately trying to get past the whole size of the gas tank discussion, can he succeed and get her on to four wheel adventures?

T1, couple now agrees that they need to visit Italy.

T2, guy shifts gears to a book she has written!  Oh yeah that is why her face is familiar, I didn't realize she was local.  Guy continues to gush.

T1, it turns out that they have decided to visit Italy separately and are discussing dates so that they can avoid one another.  I didn't have the heart to tell them it is a big country and easy to miss people in!

Back to T2, girl has again taken over the conversation and shut down the guy.  But, he is completely obvious to her rejection.

Train wrecks just a blast to watch and not be a casualty from.....

No comments: