Friday, August 5, 2011

Limitless

Yesterday I managed to have a free evening to myself so got to kick back watch Limitless.  A new film probably funded by the Colombian drug cartels.  You might be surprised to know that I found this to be an interesting film and entertaining - much in the same way that Blow or Falcon and the Snowman were fascinating movies. 

Then you would also be surprised to know that I find this film completely offensive!  But not for the reason you are probably thinking.....

My problem with this movie is that here we have an illegal drug which causes you to be able to use more of your brain (bet the military would love that one!).  Of course, it has its side effects - like death.  But, hey, life is so much better with it that it is worth the risk.  Right?

And, here is the big problem - our main character is the only whom is able to control the usage of the drug and get himself off - with only good benefits in having done so!  Hence, youth already are seeing this film from the viewpoint of: drugs are bad and illegal, but if they help you then it is okay and worth the risk.  And just because they kill people I know, it WILL NOT happen to me......

Are you catching this?  Their youthful ignorance is being preyed upon to let them think that they too can be just like our hero of the film.  Doubt me?  Well, just sit back and watch the addiction and death statistics with me for the next year. 

Any bets been placed.....?

No comments: