Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Attack of the Weakest Link

I have many times mentioned my theory of the weakest link - when you are doing what God wants you to, whom ever is your weakest link will come under attack by the opposition, and/or explode all over you, in order to refocus your attention off of what you must be doing.  Mine has been my son.

And yesterday was my testing day. for entering college and starting off on another career.  Oh wait!  The weakest link had to explode and ended up in a fisticuffs match on the front lawn with his now ex-girlfriend.  It took until 11 last night - 12 hours! - to get the complete story from all participants and witnesses.

So, I am leaving now to retake my testing from yesterday and expect to do really poorly since I am really frustrated, really tired and extremely disappointed in my son.  Add the stress that last night I had to tell him he IS leaving to be on his own and it will not be a good day today.

Gaelic Girl is flying in later today, since son is her favorite, and God help us all.  She will more than likely be wearing her cowboys boots and may haul son off to the police herself she is so mad right now.  Red Hair + Temper = Unpleasant Day Ahead for everyone.....

No comments: