Friday, August 26, 2011

IMG's Mother

So, Italian Missionary Girl came into town, as did her mother several days later.  Since I have known the both of them for several years, I threw a little birthday party for the mother and figured the two of them would be off visiting - as they have not seen each other for over a year.  But, IMG suddenly vanished by going on a camping trip the day after the birthday party with some people she hardly knows and ditching the mother unit - here in Seattle!  Talk about more than a little personality flaw in there girl!

So yesterday, I took IMG's mother (Linda) out to lunch, Azteca of course, I doubt she would have appreciated the local Italian joints!  Naturally, we were chaperoned!  I had Oldest Daughter (with screaming grandchildren in tow) meet us at the Mexican restaurant and had one of my college guys with me as well.  So, it was cool.

I seemed to be in particularly rare form and had most of the area around in tears they were laughing so hard!  Yeah, ever so often I seem to be on a roll and can really get a crowd going.  Used to happen quite a bit before OD ran away from home - that sort of killed something inside of me, as did Middle Daughter doing the same and now son's "problem".  (Honestly, I thank God constantly for youngest daughter - whom has stood strong against following in her sister's footsteps!)

Linda (who knows how it is really spelled!), was in complete agreement with Robin that I have done the proper thing in telling son to go.  (It really helps to know at least someone agrees with me!)  Only one more week and he is doing NOTHING to prepare for his departure.  I expect he thinks it is a bluff, but for once his is going to be held accountable for what he did - at least what I can do about it.  There is no room in my home for someone whom would beat a woman.  God I wish she would go to the police and his little reign of terror could be ended before it really turns ugly!  Yeah, I have this real fear that if he could do this, he could turn out like one of my customers from many decades ago (a serial killer named Yates).  But, there is little anyone can do to help him in Washington, where the troubled one has to be willing to be treated!  How backwards is that!

Anyway, back to Linda.

She has many health issues, currently recovering from cancer surgery and treatment.  I really feel for her in that regard.  I also feel for her that she came all of this way to see her daughter, whom then abruptly left to go camping.  Children!  Sigh.....  On the other hand, it is interesting to see that things have not gone well on that trip but IMG will not be back until Saturday night - her mother leaves Sunday morning.  Children!

But, it was a nice lunch and I think she had some fun.  We certainly wore her out that is for sure!  Buona Avventura!

So, I am not likely to see her before she leaves.  I am still busy trying to get a jam experiment to work, before the end of next week - deadline for the State Fair.  Yes, still cooking and seeing if anything I create could possibly get even an honorable mention .....


No comments: