Friday, August 19, 2011

It Is Done, Not Finished

So, I stayed up until midnight last night working on a personal project on my computer, when son came home from work.  So our first chance to talk this week since his altercation with his girlfriend in the street in front of the house.

He course feels that he has done nothing wrong and any damages done to his definitely ex-girlfriend were completely her own fault!  The whole concept of 'you do not punch out a girl', much less get in fist fights in front of my house, continues to be completely not understood.  Nor was the concept that NOT going in the military (his decision) means he MUST have an alternative plan for growing up and learning to respect himself as well as others!  Yeah, he is the king of ego- you and I are merely pawns to be used as he sees fit.

But, I held firm and he understands that he has two weeks plus some change to move on in life and if that means he sleeps in a park, then he will be sleeping in a park until he gets his head together.

He was also told in no uncertain terms that his life was not going to change direction until he got his eye back on God.  Which of course he now poo-poo's because that path does not allow him the advantage of sin he so enjoys.  I hate it when I see youth get it into their heads that they can live the life they want, play by their rules and then try to blame God for their disasters!  Seen it multiples of times every year for decades.  And always I think of that young man,David, laying in ICU dying of AIDS, and praying to God for forgiveness.....  God will take you as low as it takes, for you to look up to Him for salvation.  Sigh.

However, no matter how mean and cruel as I am being seen in this tale, I will be giving him a list of free mental health clinics, through which he might be able to get the help he refuses from me through this past year.

I expect the drama queen to be throwing as much fluff in the air over the next three weeks as possible - trying to convince everyone he is being thrown out and the family is taking his ex's side in this.  Neither is true but he has been showing a great tendency to lie lately.

Also, all too easy to kill yourself with medications and armament have been locked away, so he will have to get creative for the ultimate stupid.

Much, much prayer is needed.....

1 comment:

Robin said...

I persoanlly pat you on the back for the stand you are taking here. I know of someone doing just the opposite with their lazy, living at home son and it is not helping anyone to coddle him the way they do- time for the boot.
I always like the quote -"As parents, we're not raising children, we're raising adults!"
So many parents-esp mothers- nowadays miss this point entirely. a shame...and prayers are with you and your son.