Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Swimming in Cash

Well at least until all of the checks clear I wrote!

Yeah, silver went so high I decided to divest myself of it!  Good bye lifetime coin collection, I knew you well.  Sniff.

Actually, I am feeling pretty good about it!  Not that there is anything wrong with having a coin collection, it is just that it is a blessing to know that something that was just for fun, for the breadth of my life, actually could help me right now meet my bills!  So I am happy, happy, happy!

Before Gaelic Girl left, we had to have yet another "discussion" over finances.  Her perspective has really changed over the three years she has been in Texas.  I wonder if it is the water or something in the air.....  Anyways, she has become a whole lot less trusting of God to provide and a whole lot more focused on gathering what she can.  Very much unlike her.  So loggerheads!

Why did we cross swords?  I wanted to take her out on a date and she felt I did not have enough to do so.  Well, ya know, if I didn't have enough, I wouldn't have asked.  Oh well, what could have been a relaxing evening came crashing down.  Kris' general luck it seems.

Anyways, I am now playing with my non-silver coins and getting many of them ready to go to auction.  I put up three yesterday: a third century Roman counterfeiting die found in Egypt, a banknote from the First French Republic and a little US three cent piece.  No idea if they will go or not, but be fun to find out!  If they sell, PTL! If not, CraigsList, then eBay I guess.

Now, what to do with a box full of German 1920's Notgeld...........?

No comments: