Sunday, January 9, 2011

Somber Service

So, as I mentioned last time, I am a block away from the site of yesterday's shooting.  The church I go to, when in Tucson over the past 30 years, is the UCC of Casas Adobes.  Yep, across the street from the shooting and intersection from me.

The entire Safeway parking lot is barricaded, police and news crews everywhere.

In the church, it was a somber audience.  Many there had relatives, friends, business partners lost the day before.  I thought to myself, "What can you say to a group whom has experienced sudden loss?"  And that loss includes those lost due to surgical facilities being taken up due to the shooting, whom had be scheduled for surgeries, in one case it was life or death but the shootings came first. 

The new pastor gave one of the best sermons I have ever heard on the sactity of life and why it is important.  If I can get a transcript, I will post it.  It was that good.

No comments: