Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plane Full of Quacks, Obama 'n Stuff

My flight from Tucson to Seattle was very interesting as the majority of the occupants were all returning home from some bowl game in Tucson, where the University of Oregon played.

So on trooped all of these yellow and green dressed people, many with U and O painted on each of their cheeks!  Yeah, I had to have it explained to me; me and organized sports are sort of strangers to one another.

The lady whom sat next to me was one of these and interestingly enough was from Anchorage.  She was also a Christian, single parent of four, her youngest slightly younger than mine and her parents had divorced about the same time as mine.  So it was a very interesting flight as far as chatting went.  Not real sure what she sees in Anchorage though - just saying, 'cause I've been there in winter.....

Of course we had some humor on the flight as no one seemed real interested in staying in their chosen seat and everyone was trying to switch so they could be closer to their new friends from the game (I am just guessing as to why).

Anyone listen to Obama's speech yesterday?  I thought it was quite good.  In fact I would give him an A+!  Now, can he walk the talk?  I wonder.  It would be a blessing if we did have some sanity in this nation and its politics.

It was so good to be home last night and to sleep in my own bed!  I just do not like to sleep in beds that are not as hard as a rock, and most hotels are plenty soft bed-wise.  I thought I would never wake up this morning - but 6am pulled up earlier than I expected.

On today's list is bills, Christmas thank you's, kitchen cleaning and, yes, I will have to look at the car situation ..... sigh .....  Bills are now done and in the mail drop, everything else awaits me!

1 comment:

KJP said...

Thanks for visiting Steve! I thought I was down to only one reader, LOL.....