Thursday, January 20, 2011

Papa Knows Best

It never ceases to amaze me at how my son will completely disregard all fatherly advice and willing fall flat on his face at times!  At those times it is so hard to say, "I told you so....."

Yes, his great romance is finally at a conclusion and I for one am breathing a huge sigh of relief!  She was a nice enough girl but she was not a Christian and son had no business dating her.  In the end, she just could not take him and even his borderline Christian faith (such as it is at times!).  I do feel sorry for him, but you know the Bible says Christians are not to be unequally yoked - no matter how he wants to interpret that one.

So, this gives me hope that just maybe he will be doing some growing up and next time hunt amongst the Christian girls he knows.  I know of one particularly that he ought to really be taking a strong interest in - but then again we apparently look for something different in the opposite sex.  (Yeah, I know she is not "hot", heaven forbid she actually has a brain!)

So, I will continue to pray for his continued growth in how to treat people, a hedge about his desires (heh, heh, heh) and for God's hand to be heavily on his life and leading of him.

At those teenage years so much fun from the parental perspective?

No comments: