Sunday, January 2, 2011

Spontaneous Outbreak Of Stupidity

I was in line at the check out, with the usual hum of peoples voices.  A cashier said, "Have a Happy New Year!".

"This is New Years'?"

"No tomorrow is."

"When?"

"January first."

"Is it always on the first or does it change, like the first Thursday of January or something?"

Now there were five people involved in the discussion, all in their mid-thirties and not a one of them had a clue concerning the subject as to when New Years is.

The cashier panned the crowd with one of the best wounded Jack Benny looks I have ever seen not on Jack Benny!

I rolled my eyes and slowly walked out wondering which high school they must have graduated from.....

Happy Years my readers, friends and family!

2 comments:

Robin said...

funny moment:)
Happy new year Kris!

Anonymous said...

Love it!