Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Learning

The last several weeks have been periods of growth and learning for me.  Sometimes I think I can not tolerate anymore of this self examination because it is extremely painful!  Things I had no way of understanding before, things I could easily ignore or write off as "whatever" which actually were important road markers that all was not well and not just with my daughter.  Always nice to figure stuff out - about 70 weeks too late to matter.  Sigh.

Honestly, I have no idea how people survive dealing with emotions and life simultaneously!  I think I am still down around age 12 but God is working on me and dragging me along slowly, with my kicking and screaming.  Yeah, I do have a tendency to yell at God when I cry "UNCLE!".

This upcoming weekend is my 40th class reunion.  I was going to go, however my mining friend has declined in health so will be with him instead.  Then my oldest friend is not doing well so I expect to spend a week with him as well back in Colorado.

I am now on the 4th version of my book, the Kris short story, and by all accounts, it is going well.  The scarey part is that the details are mostly real, and to think I have survived that stuff!  Hope to have it in a solid form by the end of the year and Thomas Nelson is currently looking at it - so maybe I will get to publish something in the fiction world for a change!  Of course, some of my acts of stupidity require that I use a nom de plume, not to hide from the Government, they can always find me, but wacko's that might want to know more about my dumb stunts in greater detail!  Problem with a nom de plume is that you have to be creative, you can't use Hitchcock or Hemingway, no it has to be unique and yet familiar enough someone might pick up your book by accident.  We will see.

Well, the bathroom plumbing is out and I best get on with fixing it!

ciao!

No comments: