Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Am My Grandmother

So, I finally did it.  After three years of doing antique shows with my mother, I have rented space in an antique mall and now am now a certifiable antique dealer for real.  Oh God!  I am my grandmother now.....

My grandmother was an antique dealer for 60 years, my grand-aunt for 20 years, my mother for the past 30 - I am discounting the first two years where she sold everything which was mine because I was away at college - sigh.  And last but not least is my sister, now a dealer for 15 years back in the mid-west.

Not knowing what to put in a case, yet wanting to make it mostly guy stuff, it only has a few items from the household.  Most of it are things I collected back in the 1970's and very early 1980's.  We will see if I get what I paid for the stuff back - Bush the first really whacked the collectables market with the first Gulf War and Obama has not done anyone any favors in that regard either!

I think I did okay selecting the eclectic, rare and stuff I never have used - yet has sat around for decades.  Sure be nice if it all went away and I could reload next week with all new stuff from the attic!  (LOL! Like that is going happen!)

And no, those are NOT arrowheads, they are Neanderthal tools!  ARGH! Everyone always says the same thing!

LOL!

No comments: