Thursday, July 18, 2013

In Passing

This is not a subtle reminder, it is pretty horrible.

Sure we get constant warnings about safe driving, do not text, do not use a cell, do not talk, etc, etc, etc!  To the point I think that people are now oblivious to the danger inherent with driving.

Locally, this was driving home rather rudely by a car accident Tuesday, one of my son's friends and coincidentally someone I knew for the past 16 years was killed in a car accident.

He was driving through Oregon, on his way to a Young Life conference with his mother.  He pulled around an 18 wheeler to pass - and well, there was another 18 wheeler.....

Both he and his mother were killed instantly.

Of course, I hold that God holds in his hands all of our days, when we will be born and when we will die are but just two of the many facets of our lives he controls.  Whether Jacques Gordon was passing an 18 wheeler or crossing the street at that exact moment or even down with the flu, it was his time to report in before God.

Good reason to live your life in the knowledge that at any minute it could be required of you, and you will have no more time to repent, to pray for others, to complete what you have been assigned.


In many ways I envy Jacques, he is at peace, in the presence of our Lord, though at such a young age (21).  And I hope my son meditates on this and realizes that his life needs to turn around if he is to face eternity without condemnation attached to it .....

Your witness will be missed Jacques, you were a positive force in my son's life.

No comments: