Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Another Death

It is hard to feel very sad when the one whom dies is in their 90's.
It is hard to feel sad then you know they are suffering.
It is hard to feel bad when their time has come.
But there is no joy in loss.
Only comfort in the knowledge I will get to see them on the other side, with no more pain nor tears.

With this passing we now reach the end of my list of local elders whom I admire and look up to.  My mining partner and then my adopted father and mother are all that is left now older than me, and I am not that old in my book leastwise!  But, they are thousands of miles away.  Probably time for a visit soon.

So another funeral in the near future I imagine.  With that special knowledge that there are three more in the not so distant future.  They are all in their late 80's and fragile.

A sad day.

No comments: