Friday, July 26, 2013

In Flight

As you read this, I am winging my way down to Tucson, Arizona.  My old friend, mining partner, man I respect, is not doing well.  He is in his mid-80's now and those years of mining all around the world have cost him his lungs and he is going down hill unfortunately quickly.

I have many times in the past witnessed to him, to no effect other to get him to admit he is not real sure sometimes whether I might be right or not.  I hope this time to find him prepared to take that step of faith and make peace with his creator.

Of course, laying in the sun, drinking pina coladas only adds to the enjoyment.

I will drop you all some notes from Casa Adobes, assuming their internet works!

Yeah, last time I was there was when that Senator was shot only moments after our leaving the Safeway store she was standing in front of.  Silly me thought it was a movie set.  It was only when we were in Tubac, about 45 minutes later that the news came on and gave the world's weirdest story.  Only to be surpassed by my favorite pastor down there committing suicide shortly there after.  Fade in Twilight Zone music.....

What thrills will this next week yield?!?!?!?

No comments: