Saturday, June 1, 2013

Musical Saturday Morning!

Hey, wait a minute, how did the first sneak up on me so silently!  Of course, I have been just a little busy lately.  One does not almost die and just walk away.  So, the past few weeks have been very trying physically!  (to say the least!)

Anyway!

I was Sweden, I think, it could have been Norway, and there is this camera crew all set up and the typical American was presenting herself for a music video.  Her hair was multicolored as was her tutu dress, I almost did not stay for the song, she was a freak in a culture which worships freaks.

But, I was glad I did.  The song touched a part of me and not many could back then.  As for her, it was her eyes, there was a real person behind the freakishness and makeup.  I liked her, I would have taken her to dinner because it would have been interesting to learn more about her and why someone with talent actually was presenting herself this way.

No this video is not from that shoot.  I did look however just to see what a 30 year younger me would have looked like in the background.  Oh well, I guess the Pink Panther remains my one on film appearance.

So, Cyndi Lauper and Time After Time, the second video version I guess:


No comments: