Friday, June 14, 2013

Butter Lobster and Reunions

My Youngest Daughter got me hooked on Hell's Kitchen back when it first started.  She was in school studying food preparation, kitchen management, etc at the time and I guess the kids would all sit around and discuss the lessons from that week's show.  Very cute.

Of course that was used to spin of so many Gordon Ramsay shows that it is mind blowing, plus all of the look a like show as well.  Most of them are just like Hell's Kitchen, wherein a bully treats others badly and they submit because they want what he offers them.  Somewhere he might be a nice guy  but it is not apparently on his shows.

But, I was intrigued this week at his Master Chef competion.  They did a cook off and the recipe was for butter lobster.  Hmmmm, never hear of it, not planning on going to Las Vegas, ever, to find out if it is any good. But, I got the idea on how it is done from watching the show - so tonight I am doing this for dinner.  I expect son to not be here, so really for only YD and me!  Might be good, we will see.

The other preoccupation yesterday was trying to find out when my high school reunion is!  You would think this easy, except the name of my high school appears to be the most common one in United States!  Argh!  One point five hours later I found a FaceBook account set up for it.  Now the decisions, do I go or not?  Will my old best friend be there?  Will my American cousin?  Will anyone attend that I know?  I noted that they so far have 79 people found but 525 are still to be locate.  Guess my class was not very close.  LOL!  Of course this supposed to be one of the reasons for Classmates.com to exist but nope, nothing on there for my school.

Conversely, my German High School is on there.  I was sad to note the death of one of the few I can remember from that single year there.  She tried awful hard to help me pass music, but if you lack rhythm well you are just not going anywhere in music.  :)  Then I saw 21 people had posted notes looking for me from my single year in high school in South Carolina.  Almost makes it tempting to go back there, but the wounds of my first year in America are still to fresh to want to relive them!  Actually, all of my American school days left much to be desired!

But, I thought on whom did I miss through the years and wondered how they were?
Connie Gates
Candy Frazier
Ruth Cleek
Stanley Dalton
James Manning
Myra Brown
Pam Derrick
Patty Hanson
Jim M.........

They were the ones whom hung with this scrawny geek.  Pretty much that is the high school list.  Sort of sad.  Of all of my high school friends, I only stayed in touch in one.  But, we are not sure that he can write so I never hear from him, just his wife once a year sends a massive letter!  Yeah, I might not be able to write either, if my letter writing from the last three years is any indication!

Well enough rambling!  Enjoy your weekend....

No comments: