Wednesday, June 12, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Yeah, I know, everyone and their mother has seen this one - it was just at the bottom of the list for my current "must see
" list.  I reached the end of the list and since youngest daughter wanted to go to the movies and I did not want to see "The Call", I opted for GI Joe.

No, I am not a part of the demographic which enjoys flying tanks, car chases and explosions.  Nor am I of the ilk that thinks The Rock is "scrumptious" as the teenie bopper behind squealed in delight as Dwayne came on screen for the first time.  I wondered if she realized he could be her grandfather .....

I am also not a real fan of Bruce Willis.  Were it not for his attempts to take over every scene he is in, and no not by shear force of his talent but his constant mugging in every camera shot!, he might be a reasonable actor.  But, he does mug every scene, so really, why are we stuck with him in so many movies?  Oh yeah, his mother and famous and someone thinks he is cute .....  yeah .....

As you can tell, I am not impressed with the cast, its anchors offer nothing to any movie.  The story is contrived, Himalayan ninja sword fights, where only good guys can figure out that if you cut someone's rope, they are out of the story, yeah, bad guys are always too dumb to understand gravity and let us not forget that ex-generals keep caches of arms for just in case scenarios.

Really, this is one movie where going to the library is a better commendation than wasting 96 minutes of your life.

Don't bother with this one!  Unless you are a 13 year old male and hence a part of the demographic for this movie....

No comments: