Friday, June 28, 2013

Metal Detecting

Well after a many year absence, Kris is back to metal detecting again.

Originally, I had stopped due to the winter of 2011.  Then busted my left foot and right ankle, and let us not forget my heart ailment!  So 2012 was lost.  Then busted my knee in January of this year, so I expected no hunting this year either.  However, one of the men in the church has been wanting to so badly, I finally invited him over and showed him how to use a detector in my yard.  We both did okay!  :)

So, every Tuesday since, we have been out hunting.  I can not walk for long periods of time so must constantly rest.  But we are having fun!

Just by the numbers, bottle caps, pop tops and pull tabs rule.  Followed by aluminum cans, nails and tent stakes!  Somewhere, far to the end of the list of stuff we find has been coins.  I think we are up to about $20 combined now.  Three more dollars and we can afford new batteries!  Yeah.

Now to find my pro-pointer somewhere in this house!  I really need my little detector for locating metal inside of a hole I have dug.  The big machine are great for showing you where to dig and useless for telling where in a hole the item is.  So, must fine!

Well, just back from my first beach hunt ever, and I found a nickel!  Yeah, big deal  you think, but nickels are the hardest to find metals, so very excited that only did I find one but I did so in a 100% salt environment!


No comments: