Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Mess of a Halloween

No sorrow here that Halloween is over!  It was quite a mess for me that is sure!

Gaelic Girl is here for an awards ceremony, thanks to the success of their last rocket.  No, no money or pay increases for her but they brought the Texas and Washington teams together for chow and endearing words.  Of course, that meant I got to be up at 5 am to get her to their complex - only there was a slight traffic problem!

Where two highways meet, about three miles from here, a car took a 15 mph cure too fast and flipped.  Of course, it had to be a convertible - so probably a fatality at that.  So, the police blocked off the ramp and divert all traffic out of the exit lane and over to the single lane heading east.  Huge traffic jam because NO one wants to go east at that intersection!  Then six cars in from of me decided to total each other out, so they had to be moved to the shoulder.  Which was followed by four more doing the same just 75 yards further down the road.  Eventually, I was able to get her to Kent.

Well, not enough time to do much, so I did some grocery shopping and then headed off to school for my one hour class on Wednesdays.

Then I met up with Dutchman for lunch, whom showed up to apologize for not being more supportive.  He actually has been the only one whom has been through the past year.  But, his wife just hit mid-life and now he understands all of the horror I have gone through, when ever GG is around!  So, we had a good discussion about the past year and all of the "stuff" that went on.  He now can understand extremely well.

Back home, I started working on the dinner of snacks, since I expected lots of kids.  Of course, I had to begin by smashing my bowl set (still have to clean up that mess today!).  Then as I was prepping the table in the living room, I dropped the pan of bean dip on the livingroom carpet.  What a mess!  Then GG completely lost it and went ballistic over the dog getting into the trash, again.  And of course, yet another lecture about how the house is a pig stye and I need to get my butt in gear and clean it.  Of course, I am not allowed to throw son out, so somehow he whom trashes this house must stay and I have to clean up after him to keep her happy.  I swear I can clean this house and he can trash it in under 15 minutes!  No, it was not pretty, as usual.  And me and God had yet another talk over this situation of this relationship.

No, she has been my best friend for many decades, I am not going anywhere.  But it has been 11 years since she actually has been "here", which is to say a part of her family - extended or otherwise, including me.  Hmmmm, thinking about this, it might actually have started in 1989, when she almost died from tick fever.....  But, I guess that is not her fault though.

Later, as the family is all yakking, I am in the TV room with niece watching The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.  She had never seen it and loved it.

But, even with all of the activity and all of the people here, really - all I wished that it was last year, when people still liked me and I was not the pariah of this house.....  Niece will talk with me, but I am admittedly holding her at arms length - I have lost my ability to trust.

No comments: