Thursday, November 29, 2012

Looper

Well, this has been an action packed week, little of which would be of any benefit to share - except with those whom are impacted with what all has been going on!

Yesterday, I took off, just time for me.  I worked on my year end planning, not that it matters - events for people whom ultimately do not care, utilizing resources which are dwindling - a show of form, a hope of change, a fear that all is doomed.

So, I took myself to the movies.  I have been considering Looper for months and since I was alone, okay, let's do it.  I do love time travel.

First important note: not for teenage males.  Cut 90 seconds out and it is only a borderline okay movie, but nope not in Kris' book with those 90 second in there.  Those 90 seconds are a nude female, lord knows how broken to appear to be so vulnerable in the scene, so exposed, for no real reason at all.  It added nothing to the film, it made me feel compassion for her as a woman.  Sorry not a turn on for this guy.  If you are adult and comfortable with the concept that females have breasts, then you whatever - your choice.  But, if you are normal American guy, avoid the movie, you don't need this.

Storywise, it was quite good.  Put together very well with some interesting twists in the plot.  Drug abuse is rampant in the film, tons of shoot  'em ups and other violence, yeah not exactly socially redeeming - except in the end when the main character realizes that everyone is willing to sacrifice themselves for someone else and he holds the key to the entire problem.  Intriguing.

Strip out the nudity and it a decent story, more than a few in the church could learn from - especially in light of how readily we are so willing to sacrifice others to get our way and even then we shoot our own.

As is - no recommendation.

No comments: