Thursday, November 15, 2012

Clean Up

So, Wednesday I have been cleaning firearms.  Seems that when I took daughter shooting earlier this year, I failed to clean them.  Thank heavens I only shoot high quality ammo with non-corrosive primers!  It took all afternoon to make it through three rifles and four revolvers and one pistol.  Still a huge pile to work through but thankfully none of them are black powder or I might never finish this month!

Why now?

Well, there is a gun show this weekend and I am hoping to sell off most of my collection.  The ones I want to keep will have impressive prices, the others will all be very affordable.

I continue to work towards the liquidation of all I have, with the view towards that future day when God will be calling me to a rendezvous, should I live that long.  And should that day never come (since that path has been badly damaged), I will be none the poorer nor none the richer for having unburdened my life and reduced my crushing debts from father's death.  At this point in my life, there is little meaning to be found in most anything.  My profile statement to the left, if you are on a monitor, has explained this readily since June.  I look forward to the day when God once again will position me for a particular role I am to play, but for now I must continue to recover from July.....

I have Dutchman joining me as he did two years ago, what a disaster that show was!  Hoping for much better this time around.  Dutchman is planning on price gouging for black uglies, so I should look pretty good by comparison.  I will let you know on Monday how it goes.  Also rejoining us will be one of my youth's whom has been learning how to forge knives.  I do not know how he will do but it will give him confidence if he can sell a few!

Well, time to get back to it.

Now where is that clothes pin for my nose ..... ?


No comments: