Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Disappointment With God

I was sorting through all of my libraries today, organizing and cleaning, when I came across a series of "I Hate God" letters my daughter had sent me before her departure from my life.  It pained me greatly to re-read, because prior to those I had thought her right on track, but now she was leaving and all of the problems were erupting again.  I threw up then, I threw up now.

Indeed, what are we to do when we are are disappointed with God?  How does one reply to a letter or series of letters as I received?

We do have something to look at: John 11:17-21
This verses point?  God can handle your disappointment, if you will let Him:

Be honest with Him
  • Mary and Martha were both frustrated with Jesus
  • He was not doing what they wanted
  • "Its all about me and my wants!"
  • This Idolitry
  • Tell God you are hurt and wounded, angry, whatever.....
  • He knows your feelings, so tell Him!
Be real before God
  • Be whom you are
  • Emotional or internal
  • Outward or inward
  • He know who you are, so don't fake it with Him
Be focused on God
  • For your salvation
  • For your faith
  • For your hope
  • For your character
  • For your prayer life
No, I had no bright answers for my daughter.  This blast from her was done when it was too late for me to intercede, her mother was already working her damage to undo what God was creating in my daughter.   I had no answer because I had seen what was to come - and though I did not want to believe it - that did not stop it from happening.  My disappointment was in myself for not having found a way through, to save my daughter.  And yeah, I may have had a fleeting thought at "What are you doing God?", as I went down at that first heart attack.

No comments: