Monday, November 12, 2012

The Show

So I worked an antique show over the weekend, mostly because my mother and sister would also be there.  It was fun, it was maddening, always reminding me why my mother and I have not talked with one another for most of my life.

But the show was horrible!  This was the third year I have done this and it was by far the worst.  I did about 10% in sales compared to last year, mother did about 1/3 and my sister did okay but really had come to shop for her antique malls she has in Minnesota and Wisconsin.  So, if this is a reflection on the strength of the economy, oh boy, bad times ahead!  I even tried dropping my prices but as as many found out, even at 50% off very little was moving.

Of course, I love to people watch and this show yields some real gems that I have to try and figure out how to tell the tales.....  We will see.  But, sadly for me, was the understanding daughter brought into my life of the brokenness a woman can have, and I can see them now and understand, and it hurts, and it angers me, and I want to help but God has not given me the answer for them, only for one.  Sigh......  And one of them I could see so clearly her call for help, and she saw that I understood, and she literally ran away.  To be expected, with brokenness.  It literally made me ill.

I was officially nominated to the klutz hall of fame: on top of being in a brace for my broken ankle, I managed to slice and dice a hand fixing a windshield wiper.  Don't ask, it wasn't pretty and afterall it was in full klutz mode.  A lady from my church was there as I came out of the bathroom with my hand wrapped in paper towels, blood every were.  She had a first aid kit in hand and between three women they did a nice job.  I was just going to look for some windex and say, "pucker power!" to tighten the skin and stop the bleeding.

God shared an interesting observation with me about faith, I will have to post it after I come to.

Well, exhaustion has overcome me and I want to post this before morning as the day is rush-rush-rush!

No comments: