Friday, April 6, 2012

Politically Correct NIV?

Personally, I love the beauty Luther's translation of the Bible.  But for hardcore study, it has got to be the Amplified Bible for me, and preferably a pre-1984 edition.   I am not convinced that changes to the Amplified were actually warranted.....

So , now there is a newly updated version of the NIV. The online version can be viewed either at BibleGateway or Biblica.

Please also refer to the translators' notes for the corrections made to the updated version of the NIV by clicking here.

From the translators' notes, I am pleased that several significant corrections and changes have been made, taking into account recent scholarship. But then again, some of what I have found has seemed to be more political in nature than scholarly.  Also, some appears to be change for change's sake.  I would have to spend much more time doing subject studies to really figure out what the impact to the English believer really is.

Enjoy reading the updated NIV online.And remember that the Amplified is still probably the closest rendering.....

No comments: