Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bible Site

Daughter told me of a Bible site I was unaware of: www.bible.cc.  What I like about it is that it is pretty easy to navigate, very "clean" looking and is just as good as the other sites which are littered with advertising.

As  you know I have a fondness for Daniel and so have been putting the site through its paces, using Daniel as my benchmark.  The site did well.

If I have a criticism it would have to be that a version of the Amplified Bible would be of tremendous help to the average English reader.  But, alas, no one really seems to use this great reference Bible!  Certainly this is not the translation you would want to memorize any passage out of - but if you wanted to understand a passage - yeah it should be the Bible of choice.

Their main site contains the English, Greek, Latin, German, Hebrew texts.  There is also an attached site with versions in numerous languages!  (And oh how my German has been slipping!  I made it to Genesis 1:5 before I slammed into a word I had forgotten!  ARGH!  Oh well.....)

So, cheers to daughter whom pointed my nose in that direction!

Well, need to be off!

No comments: