Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jesus, Come To Me!

Thinking on John 4:46-54

Last year was the worst year of my life, complete and utter chaos and yet, I was doing as I was instructed - albeit, as best I could.  I was in crisis.

For me, lessons and the growth of faith seems to be tied to times like that.  When I am at my end, when there is nothing more I can do, when I am bested by hopelessness - that is when God seems to be ready to use me.  Or, is it that I am ready to listen?

When we can not control, manage and/or manipulate life, God begins to work.  We are ready, because we now need Him and His help!

We are then ready to stop talking - and start to listen.
We are then ready to stop running - and time to fall to our knees (figuratively for me!).
We are ready to stop telling God how to do His job - we allow Him freedom to work.
We have become humble.

Does pride and/or pretense keep you from begging Jesus to intervene in your life, your home, your work, any aspect of your life?

Can you see how your anxiety is a gift from God instead of a curse?  It just may be the mess that leads you to the intervention you need by God.  The real idea here is that we need to call on Him to come, to be our Lord, to be our Savior, in all parts of our life.

No comments: