Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Contrasts

Contrasting views can be interesting.  Take this past weekend for example.  My estranged daughter decided to call the senior pastor and file some new charges with him across several conversations.  So I was sort of caught me off guard and did not even know the what they were until I walked into the room.  I have gone through reviews now four times and been found guilty of having become her father, an unforgivable act to her mother, if I had to guess whom Satan used to begin this disaster.  And I should point out that I have had no contact with daughter since June 28th, she continues to attack long after she has left my life.....  And for the record, what she claimed was actually not said, and the breakage she experienced is exactly what she should have encountered in order to show the fallacy of her worldview.  So wrong memory, correct reaction God needed, but she bypassed the cure for man's wisdom.  I grieve for her mother, she is much loved and is so guilty here.

First pastor: agrees, I am her father, I succeeded, this is all stupid.

Second pastor: agrees, I am her father, I was stupid to take on her worldview though, I am innocent.

Elder chair: whom knows me extremely well, is appalled the meeting was even held.

Me: I stand firm: I am her father, I continue to pray for  her return, I did nothing any of them have not done with their own daughters.  I will welcome her back into my home at anytime, no matter the consequences.  Catch the bold lettering here.....

And the consensus?  Kris is not guilty, so therefore Kris must be removed from ministry.  Yeah, even in not believing her deceit I am guilty because of the complaint.  Sigh.  Man's wisdom, not God's I fear.  Were I to have said she was not welcome back there would have been no problem - but I am modelling perfect love here not man's logic, therefore Kris has a problem.

Contrast this with a part of the text conversation I with my Niece right after this happened:

Niece:  I do not mean this harshly but sounds like she has an unhealthy obsession with you or destroying your rep.  I know it's spiritual but scary.  Truth will deliver you.
I send you hugs.  Its so ridiculous  to think you're the person she says.  Your character testifies that you are Godly and love God. .....

Hmmmmm, here in essence is the same woman as daughter, she lived with me for over twice as long as daughter did, is no more related to me than daughter, went through exactly the same situations and discussions as daughter did - and yet came out with exactly the opposite conclusions.  Interesting huh?

And she only met the Real God a little over a month ago!

Honestly, think on this:  Men whom have known me off and on for decades verses someone for only a few months.  Niece actually knows me, these men I thought did.
Niece sees truth, these men should be able to - they are this church's leadership!
And for daughter's mother, she has known me for a decade and a half and smears my name because it is easier than "loosing" her daughter, which never would have happened, but I think that was the fear and what motivated this.

I will not be the obvious reaction here, because I will stand, I will suffer for God's sake in this nightmare.  And  my daughter will suffer for it as well, until she ends this rebellion and returns with a contrite heart.  And my dear sister, her mother, will suffer as well, for she knew the truth and could have seen her daughter set free.  But, now she will bear a cross that never had to have been borne by her or her daughter.

So lesson to be learned here:

You can do God's will and get shafted for it.
People and their futures can be destroyed, when they are offered lies and not truth.
Your reaction during times of trial - is quite probably what will define what makes you different from the world.
Take joy in seeing God's hand at work, even if not understood at the time.
And be so very careful with how you protect your witness.
I trusted poorly it seems.
Innocence does not equal innocent in this worldly church of this age.

So what now?  I continue to pray daughter's rebellion to end.

No comments: