Monday, October 1, 2012

The Bourne Legacy

Friday night was one of those infrequent movie nights in my life.  Niece, aka oldest friends oldest daughter, was home, as was youngest daughter but only Niece wanted to go to the movies, so we selected The Bourne Legacy.  It was not my first choice, but neither of us had seen it, so it won by default.

Now I have to admit that the movie did not score well with my friends, nor in what I have read on the internet.  So, what did I think?

Two thumbs up!

Highly entertaining, reality had little to do with the movie - which is important, and enough holes to make for some comic comments during the movie.  It was the 7:20 show and there were only 8 people in quite a large theater, so not well received.....

The director tried to tie three plot lines together, but did not do it very well.  In fact the sub plot of the previous director of the CIA - whom really cares?  I know that it was so that the film could be tied back into the Matt Daemon trilogy, but there was no need.  For me that best part was seeing one of my military projects demo'ed, almost realistically.  It consumed five years of my life and I never got to see it fly, so very nice to have now done so, even if just in film.

Delightfully, women kept their clothes on for a change, as did the men other than Renner's six pack had to be shown off as much as possible.  Language was reasonable and oh yes, it is violent.  But, luckily not very realistic other than one motorcycle accident - which startled all of the audience!

So, good PG-13 film for those loving action adventures which are almost totally devoid of any reality.

No comments: