Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Truth .vs. "truth"

Tuesday's post generated a question that sort of stunned me.  First off it came from a nationally known pastor.  Secondly, it is was awesome question and a total set up to trap me.  I love this guy's ministry and listen to him regularly.  The trap?  How to answer the question without upsetting my daughter or her mother.....

"How can you tell truth from "truth"?  God seems to have told you one thing, yet your daughter has gone in a completely opposite direction.  She has those whom disagree with you and she is willing to go with their opinion over yours.  Is their "truth" different than your "truth"?"

Yeah, no matter how I answer this one, I am going to hear about it or further alienate my daughter!

First, I have stated many times on this site about how I can tell if God is talking or I am, so there is no reason to readdress that.  And I am forced to address an issue that I was not prepared for, until last night, when God had me stumble across a letter from daughter's mother which laid out exactly what transpired and I did not understand until last night.  And oh was I crushed for a few hours.  Betrayal is never good nor justifiable.

On June 27th daughter asked me to ask God a question.  I tried to talk her out of this, but she prevailed and I did.  She did not like the answer I posted on the 28th for her.  That was the last time she spoke to me.  So, the messenger got shot, which was what I had been told would happen on the morning of the 24th.  At least God warned me.....

What I did not fully understand was how her mother "worked" the deception on my daughter.  It worked.  (call me if you want to know how dear - I am not the evil one you believe, and I have a few words for your mother as well.)

So.  God told me the answer to give her.  I did not agree with it, my idea would have worked much better and made everyone happy - but noooooooooo, God set a condition and reasoning for her to meet, which she and/or her mother balked at.  Even Gaelic Girl was abhorred when she saw the post!  She told me then that if I left that up I would lose my daughter.  But, these were not my words, they were God's and I sure was not going to change or soften the blow for daughter.  God is very real in my life.

So, by using man's logic, daughter was to be presented with quite an outrageous tale where in I became Satan and she to be saved by a host claiming to have superior credentials to mine.  (I am getting ill just typing this!)

As I told her mother, what proof did these people offer that they were representing God and to be trusted over me?  How many healings did they do in her presence to show the power of God they claim?  How much were they supernaturally told concerning her past, present and future to prove that God was using them?  I could go on, but then this is enough for this address - though I do love to brag on God.

God showed my daughter, supernatural and physical proof of my credentials.  She believed me because I was whom I said I was.  God continues to use me, albeit not in her life at this time.  But, her mother did not approve of the change this brought about - and set about to destroy this fragile faith in my daughter - using mans logic - because the god she knows could not be behind this.  Of course, she forgot that even what she knows of her own father (whom i know only through one of her older brothers, whom was a mentor to me), would have disagreed with what she and then my daughter did.

So was her mother's truth of God?  no
Has time shown her mother's truth to have been of God?  no
Has her mother's action since show this to be God? no
Has my daughter's actions shown she is growing in Grace?  no
So what is the problem?  sin

And.....?

That is where things stand.  God tells me constantly of what her and her mother are undergoing, and they are utterly failing to see God is calling them to repent and then reconcile this situation with me. So, things only get harder.

So, I think this shows in the situation he asked about, how Truth was not equal to truth in the end.  When man's logic must be used to turn faith into fear and then into hatred.  When the world's ways and it "blessings" replace God's ways and His blessings.  Yes, there are some fine points in there but I will respect my daughter and my sister in this situation and not go into what would be seen as a condemnation.  I continue to want them both back in my life, I want this whole affair reconciled with them and God, I want my daughter restored and back on track.  But, that is not quite what they want at this time.  But, in the end, God will get His way - no matter the destruction they cause in their and others lives....

(ps: having now slept on this a night, I am now wondering why he would have sent me an email in the first place - unless daughter or her mother had asked his input..... very odd, now that I think on this.)

No comments: