Friday, June 29, 2012

Ugly Drunks

So, youngest daughter has turned 21.  I have three (3!) 21 year old daughters now!  And with each 21 year old event has come the cultures siren call of getting drunk.  I warned each of them, as I have all of "my" kids through the years and to date - NO one has listened.  They all go for the learning experience the hard way.

So, all but daughter in Texas, when out for the marathon of drinking.  And reality bites when you discover that drinking makes you a person you never were.

I managed 1.5 hours of sleep before the phone was ringing.  Youngest had gotten lost.  How was this even possible?  She had her older sister to protect her, next daughter down was the designated driver and then the rest of the party was her boozing friends for the night.  And they lost her - for two hours.....

Eventually she was found.  It seems that she had gotten into a fight with the other 21 year old daughter and had taken off.  Of course being drunk did not exactly help her in her efforts to find her way home.

Last call was around two in the morning and they were still screaming at each other in the car as it made its way to oldest daughter's house.

I am pretty sure I would not want to be in that home this morning - probably a whole lot of face in toilet time going down....

No comments: