Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Not much to say, as a day when fathers' are supposed to be honored, it was a bit weird.

The day started off with Gaelic Girl telling me to take a hike out of her life.  She then went on to comment at how she is going to kill herself, etc, etc, etc.  If it was anyone but her I would comment on the whole drama queen aspect of this but we are talking about a scientist, not an emo.....  Today, at daughter's urging, I called the local Suicide Crisis Center and had a long talk with them.  They were rather excited to have someone calling in for someone else.   People don't?  So, they agree she is at risk and in need of counseling.  Apparently there are more resources out there than I thought.  So, I will now be implementing my plan I had several weeks ago - sell everything and get her brain unscrambled.  And if she refuses, call the police and they can force her since she is threatening harm to herself.

But, it also means that our relationship is over.  I know she is hurting, but some of what was said was beyond cruel.  No, it is not hardness of heart on my part - it is my now understanding reality.  The future apparently died long ago, she just forgot to tell me.  So for now, get her healed and let God worry about the tomorrows.  I also called the pastor to see if there is some Christian counseling network (hopefully working for low, low, low prices!).  But, his son is getting married this week, so I do not really expect to hear back for a spell.

I got to see most of the kids during the day and that was pleasant.  Son, whom had taken off with his girlfriend last year for father's day, stuck around this time - but no acknowledgement he even has a father.  Youngest daughter gave me a date to Outback, with her - LOL!  Oldest daughter, husband in tow, visited for a while and middle daughter promised to see me today.  As for my daughter, she sent a very sweet text - which was the greatest gift of all, especially when one considers how far she has come and how closely we have bonded in such a short amount of time.  Truly a blessing.

I had a good video afternoon: Megalodon, Giant Shark vs Giant Octopus, Mega Piranha and Stardust just before bedtime. 

So time for me to get back to seeing how daughter's prescription refill is going, so I can get it mailed off to her!

No comments: