Friday, June 15, 2012

The Hidden

I had lunch today with one of my readers.  Yeah, I only know two of them in person, another 4 via the internet as friends for years.  So yeah you are in my area and need lunch......  :^)

So got to talking about things that make us tick, which can be pretty humorous if I am involved.  And about how can I be functional, when I am so obviously internally flawed.   :^)  Not exactly my most favorite subject, but it is okay due to the length of time I have known him - I felt safe enough.

Then he commented on how we each have something which we dare not let others know.  We nibbled around this idea over dessert.  And my mind roamed over the idea - something I would want NO ONE to know.....  Something that would embarrass me to death.....  Hmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah that is a problematic one. 

There are certainly incidents from my life I would not want anyone to know.  Stupid is as stupid does seems to define my youthful years.  Plus, governments have long memories and like to hold people responsible for situations they were never involved in .....  (whatever did he mean by that .....?) 

So, not too hard to figure out  a few things there.  As for who I am or what defines me, no I think I am pretty safe there.  I try rather hard to be whom I am, so much easier than pretense and then trying to remember whom was told what.....

And interestingly, just this morning I was listening to a man recount how he had started his ministry based upon how all had become known about his life.  It ended his marriage, family, friends, employment and basically life.  But, he noted, that it also set him free (through embarrassment) to clean up his act and then reach out to other men struggling through the same areas in life.  Of course, he also got to form all new relationships in his life.....

Since there are no coincidences ..... my mind continues to revolve around: is God telling me something?  Am I just to blow off my family, take a walk and start all over?  Or am I to be as innocent as possible across the next several years, so that when the inevitable comes, I can stand without condemnation?  I wish I knew for sure what it is that God wants from me!  But, I am going to guess the latter, unless God does something drastic.

No comments: