Monday, June 13, 2011

What Next?

Transitioning from teaching high school age kids to having some college age guys to deal with sort of kept me busy, but as the school year winds down - I have had this nagging feeling of - What Is Next?

My health seems to have stabilized across the last several months, leading me to think that maybe there are some more tasks for me to complete.  But what is next!  I am so unaccustomed to knowing I have free time on my hands!  So, what is next?

Sunday, the main pastor was not at the church of the fresh meat, so attendance was almost nil!  (Have you ever noticed this truly American trend?!  So, pastor you like is not there, so you stay home?  What the heck is up with that?)  So, I was asked to be one of the after service prayers.

Sometimes, when I do this there is maybe 1, usually none at all, but not yesterday!  I had 5!  A lady whose daughter is having problems adjusting to her new job and life in another city (weak Christian!), a lady whom had lost her purse (and you know what that means these days!), a lady whose husband of several decades had left her last week and an anomaly....

The latter was a young Hispanic male whom came up and asked for prayer because he wants to know Jesus for real!  Wow!  So I took him out for lunch.

Turned out he is married with a two year old son.  His wife seems to be quite strong in the Lord and although he has gone through confirmation, etc (yeah Roman Catholic background) his faith just does not seem real to him when compared with his wife.  It was a delightful three hour lunch!

Is this what is next?  Am I to disciple him?  How very exciting the possibilities seem!

I would appreciate you prayers for all of the people I have mentioned, but also for God's wisdom and guidance concerning this young man and his family......

Wow!

1 comment:

Robin said...

wonderful! I do pray you are able to disciple this young man.