Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gnawing On A Pencil

I was able to spend an interesting three hours with Artist Girl.

It seems that her time back home, from graduating college, did not go well.  The first three days went great but then quickly slid into the "gosh I need to leave before I go to jail" zone.  Yeah, her parents are really quite difficult at times.  Though I have to admit that her mother attacking her for setting a plate on a counter, then her father putting a knife to her throat and trying to cut her head off seems a little on the trailing edge of reality.  I can believe the former easily enough, and I suppose that her father is capable of most anything.  But, slicing her head off?!?!?!?!?  Either AG needs some meds or perhaps she should have called the Police to deal with her father (he is a lawyer on child abuse cases after all, so knows so much better!).  However, from what I observed, it is just as easily her pushing him over the brink.....

So, she was in quite an emotional state and probably needed a female to dump on, rather than a guy like me!  I can give a hug, promise to pray, but you know I am not exactly the best one to deal with female tears and offer comfort (as all of my daughters well know!).  I am way too analytical.

On the plus side for her life: she has not bent to the influence of our western culture - yet.  However, she is not in any form of fellowship, her boyfriend is not a Christian and her dress has become quite - uhmmmmmm - emotive.  So at least on the subconscious level she is hunting real hard for a male reaction I am sure she is not prepared for!  And I wonder if this is in response to the rejection from her father last week.....  Shade of Bridgett (sp?) there if you remember my post from several months back.

I suspect if I see her again it will be under the situation of her having fallen completely into our godless culture and ways.  And, you can see it coming - narcissism, extreme ego, completely out of touch with reality.  If I closed my eyes I could easily have been talking to another of my girls, whom became the Faithless Bride last year.  Adults making adult decisions, with suddenly no mental, emotional nor spiritual maturity.

Do not get me wrong!  I love AG very dearly and have often wished she was indeed one of my daughters, just to have separated her from the abuse she has suffered for decades. I have known her since she was in her primary years - so for a big slice of her life she has been in and out of my home, was even one of my more active church students, and I have tried to model a very  positive male role in her life.

So, I am gnawing on a pencil and probably getting slivers in my gums....  I really hate to see another of "My Girls" taking the long slide into the world.

No comments: