Thursday, June 23, 2011

People

It was a humorous day for people interaction.
-----
At the hospital I was awaiting my turn to have my body sucked dry of blood by the testing Nazi vampires.  Yeah, I do not do well with needles at all!

So, this little boy pops up out of nowhere:

"My name is, xyz, I am 10 years old.  My mother is 35 and my father is 40.  When I die I am going to go up!  My father is God, my mother will be Mary, and I think I want to be Joseph because he was a dad and powerful!"

At which point his mother grabbed him by the neck and dragged him out of the building - as he continued his oratory.
-----
Next, up, was when I going through checkout at the store. 

"What are these?" asked the cashier.  I had to explain the concept of Kippers to her.

"I have never heard of such a thing!"

As I left I commented she ought to try some kippers (because at $2/can this is really a great price!).

"Not a chance I am going to let anything like that near my lips!"  Which brought peels of laughter from everyone in line.
-----
 Finally was a call from the First Church of the Fresh Meat's children's pastor.  "Kris, can you give us a week of your time?

"What's ya need?"

"Well, we are going to be doing a children's play about Jonah and the whale, and the elders believe that if anyone could be Jonah - it has to be you."

"Really?"  My mind is racing as to how anyone even knows me!

"Yeah, if anyone in this church was to be swallowed by a whale - it would be you!" 

Her voice was so convinced - I had to agree.

Now I have a few ideas about the whole whale idea............

No comments: