Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Had No Response

Last night was the first night in several days in which I was able to get a full nights sleep!  From Tuesday through Friday I only managed 8 total hours.  Yeah, been quite a week!  But, even for as badly as I needed sleep - I awoke in a mental frenzy from a bizarre dream.....

The dream opens up in a restaurant, very trendy and all are dressed to occasion.  Seated at my table is a married couple whom have been together for eleven years and are having problems, Gaelic Girl's youngest brother, her sister, Artist Girl, my son and myself.

So, in the course of the meal, the couple gets into it - dredging up all sort of accusations against one another!  Being a peace maker by nature, I am trying to smooth their rapidly ruffling feathers.  To no avail.  Son and AG get into the act and the evening is well on its way to being out of control.  At this point, GG's brother reaches over the table, grabs his sister by the shoulders and throws her across the room......

Next, scene, we are in my Volkswagen driving to the hotel(?), somewhere in any event and EVERYONE will not shut up and let me drive.  It is dark, the streets for some reason are not familiar and I drive right into some sort of riot in process.  A whole lot of youth run amok in the streets, crossing against the lights, in the rain and particularly upset with me.

So far I was managing at holding things together but now notice this is not my VW, it is right hand steer and the roads are right hand drive - putting me at a great disadvantage.  Then I figured out that is not Baselstadt, I am completely lost and clueless.

Yeah, that brought me right out of bed.

It was a real easy dream to figure out - I am finding myself more and more in situations for which I have no response, and yet, people are expecting me to have answers.  I am clueless.

So, if you have been reading my little notes of my life, you understand where each of these people have come from in my life and my concern for where they are heading.....

I truly have no response for them and it terrifies me.

No comments: