Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Well, I'll Be......

When my mother was growing up she had one close friend by the name of Ann.  When I was really young, I can remember going on visits to her home and playing with her children - Chuck, Jill and Scotty.  When I was in college, I went down to Portland and visited with them several times.  Chuck fancied himself a rocker and was now into substance abuse, so not a whole lot of commonality left there, but Jill had grown into quite the eyeful and we corresponded for several years until she faded away during my "I hate women" tirade.  But, that was long ago (and distrust has replaced hate).....

I think it was back in 2008 I posted a note about friends I would like to find again, Chuck was on there, as was Jill.  But, try as I might, there was just no finding them!

Last night, I learned I had been spelling their last name wrong all of these years!  Yeah, Chuck found me on the internet - or at least my public email address!  Simply amazing!

So, looking forward to hearing more from and about him!  Maybe I can hunt down Jill as well now and see how she is doing.....

Shaping into an interesting year!

No comments: