Saturday, April 12, 2014

Musical Saturday Morning

It was 1973 (if I remember right!), I was in 12th grade and my life was about to change so significantly that the person leaving 1973 had no similarity with the one whom had entered that year.

I had a girlfriend I trusted with my life, two friends whom may as well as have been brothers, was doing well in school - and my home life a nightmare.  And then it all fell apart across three weeks.

I found out that the US military had been playing me for years because they were short of snipers and really wanted me for an unfriendly trip to Syria; one of my friends and/or my girlfriend thought it would be fun to drug me; when I came to I found myself in jail; I was thrown out of my mother's church for being an unrepentant climbing guide in the Rocky Mountain National Park; fired from being a guide because five climbers would not follow instructions and fell to their deaths, fired from my weekday job for filing assault charges against OJ Simpson for having hit me with his car and then leaving my body in a snow bank (boss really liked him); and my father divorced my mother on my birthday.  Yeah just one horrible month!

This song was popular at the time.  Not that I had any understanding of it but I could understand the concepts of betrayal and the price one pays for not trusting those closest to them.

Trust is such a fragile thing as I have learned across the past several years.  And watching my own self be betrayed several times across the past year by what few are left in my life has devastated me.  As well as being accused of betraying others, based sole on gossip and no facts.  It is the gossip whom destroys through cowardice, rather than face down whom they seek to destroy, but then were there they any truth to attack with cowardice would not be rule here.

And I now find myself with having to face a suspicious mind, because some game is being played around me by those whom believe they are smarter than me.  The end?  Does not really matter, there is nothing left of me to care any longer.


No comments: