Thursday, January 2, 2014

To Stand in Faith

Satan had a hay day with me on the first, a very hard day.

It was klutz day from beginning to end.

I was upset for my in my spirit, I guessed at something I would have no way to know.
I was injured because this weighed upon me and distracted me.
Car after car I touched, died.
Finally, I almost had one ready again for the road - when the screws and then the screwdriver - simply disappeared.  And I do mean disappeared, "poof"!

I stopped.  I realized Satan was beating on me again - we had left the realm of reality ...

He had hit me last night and though it hurt, I could try and shrug it off.
And each hour of the first got harder and harder.
Finally, I could no longer shrug off the elephant in my brain, spirit and emotions.
And I caught myself.

I realized that under my old nature, faith was quite simple - God will do what God will do - I will follow.
Under my new nature of last year, faith is not so simple.  God will do what God will do - I will bleed and/or follow.

I stopped and put down my flashlight - it was no use in finding my lost screwdriver - it was gone.
I realized that I can be the natural man and go with what I "know".
Or I can stand in faith upon what is not obvious at all, but what I have been "told" in direct opposition to all knowledge and common sense.

God never called me to stand where it is convenient or safe.
He never promised anything to me.
He did however call me to be and to do what He commands.
No matter how illogical it all appears.
No matter how badly my new nature is damaged.
No matter whatever the fallout.

I can cut and run.
I can stand and burn.

Sorry Satan, I choose to stand.
And yes, I do fully understand that cost.
I only worry that others may be scorched, whom lack all understanding.

No comments: