Monday, January 13, 2014

In Passing

This post brings me no joy.

Father married eight times.  Two of his wives have been favorites of my sister and I.  Gwen, whom I showed you a photo of some time back this summer, and Marge, who I really have no good photo's with.

Marge was wife number eight, one of only two father's age (most of them were my age!).  They had just celebrated their second anniversary when father's body gave out on him.

Now she too has passed away.

It is with sadness I say this as I had been working on a biography for her of my father's life - with the help of my aunts, something to give her on what would have been their wedding anniversary.  And I am at a loss for words.

She had been diagnosed with liver cancer back before Christmas, however she had the will and the money to see a long fight through.  I had no question she was going to make it.  My children, whom also knew her and stayed in contact with her are equally stunned.

When last we spoke, at Christmas, she was bright and chipper.  Everyone thought, "All is well."

And so the first death of someone I cared for, with this new nature fully in control.  I barely survived Edvard's death in March - it was only my ability to temporarily shut down that I did make it; I am now without a reaction.  I have no words, no witticisms, nothing with which to deflect this pain.  A dear lady in my life has died and I am left defenseless against emotion.

All prayers appreciated for her families, all of whom need to make their peace with their creator ...

No comments: